For us, making mindfully means making the most sustainable choices we can in design and in production.
Right now, our focus is on:
- quality and versatility in design and construction - so you will want to and be able to wear your scarves for years to come; and
- primarily making to order - to minimise our contribution to textile waste.
Design and Construction
- We make with luxurious, matte finish silk crêpe de Chine for a beautiful drape and maximum versatility from day to night.
- We finish with couture sewing techniques.
- We design using our fine art training. Each of your scarf's corners is designed with a different feel so you have four looks in one.
Making to order
It takes approximately 8 weeks to make your scarf just for you.
We also hold a small amount of stock which can be delivered quickly - just in case you have a fashion emergency. But our focus on sustainability will remain and for the most part, we will continue to make to order.
Your scarf is digitally printed on 16mm silk crêpe de Chine in Sydney by the talented printers at Think Positive Prints, and cut by their experienced seamstress. Then highly skilled, couture seamstresses in Hong Kong (trained by Think Positive) hand-roll the hem of your scarf.
If you have any questions about our design or production process, or would like to collaborate please get in touch. We are passionate about what we do and how we do it and would love to talk to you!